Sunday, March 12, 2006

Get every last drop

Here's some tips from GMAC Bank courtesy of SavingAdvice.com.

After you have finished filling up, turn the gas pump nozzle around 180 degrees. This will drain about a half cup of gasoline into your tank which you would otherwise spill or give to the next customer.

Consider bartering or trading goods and services with others instead of paying cash.

If you don't mind doing your banking from home, try a virtual bank. They tend to have lower fees and pay higher interest rates.


Those are some great tips. I especially like the last one.

If you don't already have a GMAC Bank Money Market account I would suggest that you get one. It is my favorite of all the accounts I have (ING, Emigrant, and HSBC). It has a nice website, unlimited linked accounts (which require no verification time, so you can link a new account and move money in the same day), the ability to write checks, and of course they give you those great money saving tips from SavingAdvice.com. I feel like I'm pushing GMAC Bank, but in my opinion they are the best and yet all of the finance bloggers out there seem to pass them up, give them the cold shoulder, diss them for no good reason. I just can't stand for that. When I see injustice I can not stand for it. So I ask, Why do you hate GMAC Bank?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home