Monday, February 20, 2006

Selling America

I woke up this morning and realized something, America is in debt. No foolin'. I didn't just realize that but I was thinking about the debt reduction act. I don't know all the specifics but what it boils down to, for me anyway, is Americas yard sale, literally.

Our country and it's people have a debt problem. When a family goes through debt they sell whatever they can to stay afloat. Well that's exactly what the US is doing right now. We are going to sell thousands of acres of national lands to help pay down the debt. We're also trying to sell a number of seaports to Dubai Ports World Wide. The President has taken a lot of heat over this, and I don't like the idea myself. But really, what are we going to do? The only way to keep America in the hands of Americans is to stop spending other people's money. It's a hard lesson for an individual to learn and an even harder lesson for a nation.

We can keep spending and selling, keep the cycle going, and remain blissfully ignorant, or we can snap out of it and take responsibility for our country, our lives, and our finances. We need to end this entitlement mentality. America didn't become what it is today because it was given to us, it became the greatest nation in the history of the earth because we earned it by working hard. We need to get the point across to congress and to the rest of the people in the country that we can't do it anymore. There are no free rides in America.

I for one don't want to wake up tomorrow and see that my city, my state, or any part of my country was sold to foreign investors because the people here couldn't make it work.

1 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Easy E said...

I was thinking about all that and it is entirely possible that our economy could collapse (it has before). I'm not a doomsdayer, but I don't think it would be a bad idea to buy up some precious metals. Right now I think that gold is over valued. If you look at the gold charts the price has risen much faster in the last couple years then the previous years. So although I would like to own gold to diversify out of dollar denominated assets I think I will hold off until prices come back down. I hope I'm right, but who knows, the rise in gold prices could be a sign that we are headed for trouble.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home