Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Gold

So I bought my first stock every today. Well, not really today, it won't be purchased until Tuesday, and its not really a stock, it's an exchange traded fund. I'm purchasing $46 dollars + $4 commission of GLD, STREETTRACKS GOLD TR, with my Share Builder account. I've heard a lot about gold lately so I though t I'd give it a try. Since I've been hearing about it it's probably too late. Oh, well, I'm still getting $50 free from Share Builder for opening my account. I would really like to purchase some actually gold bullion as well, but I'm still looking into that. I've read some interesting articles that say gold is about to enter phase 2 of a 10 year bullish cycle. Whether they are right or not is to be determined, but for my purposes it doesn't much matter. I would like to own gold simply as a hedge against inflation. If something were to happen to the dollar, which looks likely with world markets switching to the Euro, gold is a universally accepted currency and it will never really lose much purchasing power, sure it will have its ups and downs. Unless of course they discover a huge gold vein and flood the market. Who knows, after all, what will happen. I guess I'd rather have my money split between real commodities, assets, and cash. Everyone says diversify so I say diverse stocks are not diversified enough. So DON'T BUY GOLD, stay away, let the price drop out so that I can get a good deal, thanks.

1 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger troy said...

If you are interested in gold
I would like to invite you to visit my web log

The web log contains daily commentary, news and charts regarding the global gold and silver market.

Gold global perspective

 

Post a Comment

<< Home