Monday, February 13, 2006

Persistence Pays Off

About a year ago I bought some DVD-R's because they had a full rebate. I did everything I had to do, sent in the forms and then nothing. I waited a few months and then emailed the company asking what happened to my rebate. No reply. So I gave up, so much for persistence. I completely forgot about the rebate until just a few days ago. So I sent another email asking where my rebate was, 'It's been a whole year!' Alas, a response. A lovely young woman (at least I like to think that she was) asked me to send all the information about the product, my name, etc. and she would see what she could do. So I did, and then she told me that she couldn't find my info. Well I suspected as much. (I hate rebates) So I went to the website I ordered from and got my original order confirmation and sent it to her along with a copy of the rebate form I used and the original unanswered email I had sent way back when. To my disbelief she replied that she would forward my information to the accounting department to have my rebate sent out and apologized for the delay. Before today I had given up, but it just goes to show you that to actually get a rebate you must be persistent. (well, to some extent anyway)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home