Thursday, February 09, 2006

American Express CitiCards

So Citicards came out with their Amex branded cards not too long ago, and I was thinking of getting one. I already have a Citi Dividend MasterCard, which is awesome. I get 5% cash back at gas stations, drug stores, and grocery, and 1% everywhere else.

So why get a new Amex card? Well I've heard alot of good things about the Amex benefits that Mastercard doesn't have, like price protection, trip cancelation insurance, and world wide travel assistance. I was hoping to do some traveling in the future so this could come in handy. The new Amex cards come in all the same flavors as the Mastercards do. But I was thinking of getting the Rewards card instead of the Dividend card. Why? Because with the first purchase they give you 10,000 points that can be redeemed for a $100. One point per dollar spent equates to 1% so I can still use the card for my everything else purchases, and feel secure that within 60 days if I see a cheaper price I can get refunded by Amex.

So I say yea to $100.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home