Saturday, February 11, 2006

Becoming a Bank

I've always said that I wanted to start my own bank. Who wouldn't want to, you loan out money at exorbitant rates and other people just give you their money for nothing in return. Except that I've never been able to since I don't have millions laying around to lend.

Well, in my blog surfing I found a unique site that can make all of us our own bank. The site is called Prosper. It is amazing. The site matches up lenders and borrowers. Borrowers enter their information and how much they want to borrow and the max rate they will pay. Then lenders place bids for the amount they will loan and the rate they will charge. Amazing. I was actually thinking about something like this earlier today before I stumbled onto the site.

If you've ever wanted to start a bank check this site out, or if you need a cheap loan. It is not free from risks, of course, but what is. Who knows perhaps tomorrow I will have my very own First National Bank of Easy E.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home